Scrum, Behavior Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Refactoring Tools for Agile Software Development
This website presents a list of agile software development tools, both open source and commercial, used for:
* Scrum agile project management and lean kanban (IceScrum, Agilefant,ScrumDo, XPlanner,...)
* BDD Behavior Driven Development and ATDD Acceptance Testing Driven Development (Cucumber, JBehave, RSpec, FitNesse, SpecFlow, ...)
* Continuous integration (Hudson, Jenkins, CruiseContro, BuildBot, Gump, Apache Continuum, TeamCity, ...)
* Code and database refactoring (Liquidbase, ReSharper, DbRefactor, ...)
Agile is a software develoment approach based on the principles of the Agile Manifesto that values:
* Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
* Working software over comprehensive documentation
* Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
* Responding to change over following a plan.
If Scrum is the best know framework for Agile project management, the Agile movement has also inspired different practices to improve programing and software testing, especially in the eXtremme Programming (XP) movement. Some of those practices are Behavior-Driven Development (BDD), Test-Driven Development (TDD), continuous integration, collective code ownership, pair programming and refactoring.
If you are looking for a commercial agile took SpiraPlan, is a agile project management system designed specifically for methodologies such as Scrum, XP and Kanban.